September 6, 2013

Who Wore It Best?

Last fall, after we found out we were having a girl, we went to my parents' house for dinner and afterwards my mom said she had something for Anna and brought out a big box. I opened it up and inside was at least a dozen outfits from my infanthood! I had never really thought about her keeping them, and they were so well preserved. Mostly it was just my frilly little dresses, not everyday stuff, but she'd cleaned and pressed them all and they are beautiful. Even my coming home outfit was there!

About halfway through opening them I just burst into tears. This was something completely unexpected, but since we were team green before Patricia was born I didn't dream of her wearing my clothes nor had I mourned that. I am happy Anna has the chance to wear them but it hurts so much that Patricia cannot. That moment showed me how many difficult things are ahead. So many moments that will be so happy but also so painful. 

I meant to post this yesterday because of the #throwbackthursday trend, but I forgot. Last week my mom and grandma did a photo shoot with Anna and put her in some of the clothes I wore as a baby. The photos are adorable but they also make my heart ache for Patricia.

So, we are missing Anna's big sister but I am sure she would wear this dress better than me just as Anna does!

No comments:

Post a Comment