October 2, 2013

Day 2: Identity

I missed taking a picture of the sunrise for Day 1. Lately, I find myself running out the door to work late because I have such a hard time pulling myself away from Anna. No matter how late I am, there is always time for a little more milk and a snuggle!

Day 2. Identity: What is your child’s name? Why did you chose that name? What is the meaning of their name? If they were born, what were their birth details. What were their features? Who are they?



We named Patricia after she died. This is because we were "team green" and did not find out whether she was a boy or a girl during my pregnancy. We were considering several names, but chose together to name her in honor of two beloved women. My Grandma is the first Patricia. My husband's grandmother, or Farmor, is the first Kirsten. Patricia Kirsten is named for her wonderful great-grandmothers! My middle name is also Patricia so she has a bit of me as well.

Patricia was born at 31 weeks gestation. She was big for her age and weighed in at 4 lbs, 2 oz. She was 16.5 inches long. She had lots of dark hair like her mother and her father's wide eyes, light eyebrows, and button nose. Her fingers and toes were the most precious I'd seen and are only matched by her little sister's!

Patricia is our firstborn, our beloved daughter, and Anna's big sister. She will always be loved and remembered by her family.

No comments:

Post a Comment